Yogi's Tour of South India with Mandy Habener and Cameron Dumas
18th March - 1st April 2020
Are you ready to take the road less travelled?
Want to experience yoga and spiritual practice in India?
Are you looking for the support of guides that can get you safely from A to B and show you all the best parts of the places we visit, while still leaving you with free time to choose how you spend your yoga vacation?
If so then get ready, the 2020 Yogi's Tour of South India is coming!
We have been so overwhelmed with how quickly the first trip sold out so we have just announced a second trip.
Draft Itinerary (subject to change)
- Fly into Bangalore (flights at own cost)
- Transfer to hotel
- Check into hotel near Bangalore Airport for the night
- 4hr Taxi Transfer to Mysore (you will be picked up from the hotel by a trusted driver)
- Meet at hotel foyer at 5.30pm for orientation and Welcome Dinner at a Local Restaurant.
Stay 4 nights in Gokulam, Mysore.
We will take in the sights of this yogic hub known as the home of Ashtanga Yoga. There will be opportunities to take classes with some incredible local teachers, take cooking classes, receive healing treatments/massage and visit some of my favourite historical sites in this region.
Included activities are:
- Two local yoga classes
- Visit to Chamundi Hills
- Visit Mysore Palace
- Visit the Satchitananda Ashram
- Visit Local market
- Travel by bus to Coimbatore (approx. 4.5hrs) and visit the Isha Yoga Centre for the opportunity to fully immerse in the ashram lifestyle.
**Note this is subject to the mystic Sadhguru not being in town, if he is we won't be able to stay at the centre.
- Spend the afternoon/evening in Coimbatore city
- Travel to Kottayam on an overnight train (departing around 3am) to visit the backwaters of Kerala. The train journey is around 6hrs and you will have a hotel room in Coimbatore City to rest before getting on the train.
Board the houseboat around 12pm.
We will stay on a private houseboat for 2 nights, with a huge deck where you will have the option to attend twice daily yoga practices.
Included in the price is a private chef and crew.
Welcome Drink, Lunch, Tea & Snacks, Dinner and Breakfast are also included.
You will have opportunity to visit local villages, shop for local handicrafts, take a cooking class, go swimming or take a small canoe ride into some of the smaller backwaters. You may also choose to take the time to relax, read and book and take in the beautiful scenery.
- Houseboat returns to dock around 9am
- Travel south to Varkala by private bus (approx. 4hrs) where we go into full retreat mode.
Stay 5 nights in beautiful accomodation by the sea (Krishnatheeram Ayur Holy Beach Resort) taking twice daily guided yoga classes with the option to drop in on local classes. Visit some amazing Ayurvedic healers, explore the cliff area, go shopping, taste the local cuisine, relax by the pool, rest and recharge.
- Bus journey from Varkala to the airport in Thiruvananthapuram (approx. 1.5hr journey) for flight back to Bangalore.
- 12 nights Accommodation in Hotels (single or twin share)
- 2 nights on a private houseboat, including Welcome Drink, Lunch, Tea & Snacks, Dinner and Breakfast.
- Airport pick ups and drop offs, internal flight to Bangalore, train and bus travel between locations.
- 2 Optional Yoga Classes with local teachers in Mysore
- All Breakfasts while staying in Varkala
- Meals while staying at the Isha Yoga Centre
- 2 Dinners (Welcome and Goodbye)
- Sightseeing as specified above
- Yoga classes as detailed above
You’ll have plenty of free time to explore and experience South India.
When does it start and finish?
Meet at hotel in Mysore at 5.00pm on Thursday 21st March and finish at Bangalore Airport on the evening of the 3rd April.
$2,300 (Twin Share Accomodation).
$2,800 (Single Accomodation).
From Brisbane to Bangalore
SQ 256 Departing BNE 18th March @ 9.10am for SIN; Depart SIN on SQ 502 arriving BLR @ 9.55pm on 18th March.
From Bangalore to Brisbane
SQ 503 Departing BLR 1st April @ 11.10pm for SIN; Depart SIN on SQ 265 arriving BNE @ 4.55pm on 2nd April.
The current price for this return flight is $805 direct with Singapore Airlines.
You will need to get a e-Tourist Visa prior to travelling to India, the fee is generally around $80 AUD. The easiest and most cost effective way to do this is through the Indian Government E-Visa process.
Terms and Conditions:
Deposit of $500 required to secure your place. Balance of payment required by 31st December 2019.
The $500 deposit is non refundable as this will be used to secure your train tickets etc which need to be arranged well in advance.
The full terms and conditions can be viewed here.
Cancellation prior to 31st Oct 2019 - Full amount refunded less the $500 deposit
Cancellation between 1st Nov 2019 and 14th Jan 2020 - 50% of any payments refunded, less the $500 deposit
Cancellation post 15th Jan 2020 - No refund